I Love You Not
Chapter 11
By Sara Cookie
Hey everyone! This is the new house I made for Jay and Allison. It's very secluded, just how Jay likes it. It took me 3 days to build -_- Well anyways, this chapter is very short picture-wise. Dialogue-wise, it's pretty long. I only took 70 screenshots, and it's all of our two main characters. I hope you all enjoy it(:
-Sara
Jay
"Shannian." I whispered. We were standing on a bridge in the middle of the street. How the hell did I get up here in the first place? I didn't even think about looking around. My weary eyes that were bloodshot red from drinking and slightly swollen from crying locked firmly on the entity of my dead sister.
Dead.
The word floated through my head, and there was a sudden sharp pain in my chest. I winced, but still kept my eyes locked on her.
"Shannian, come here. This is dangerous." I said. My voice seemed to echo all around us. Where were all the cars? I took a step towards her.
A small smile played on her lips. "Jay, you shouldn't drink so much. It's bad for you and for Allie. Do you know how worried she is about you?"
Her eyes were a blur. I took a step closer. "Shannian, that doesn't matter right now. Are you safe?"
She nodded. "Quite so."
I sighed in relief. "That's good." She took a step back from me. I tilted my head.
Was she trying to leave me? That was not going to happen.
I figured I could easily outrun her and overpower her. I would drag her kicking and screaming back home if she refused to come.
The sun began to rise, and the moon was large and glaring at us. Her features began to light up slowly.
I dashed towards her. She obviously expected it. She took off as fast as I've ever seen a woman run in heels. Just then, a car hit me. I lost balance and face planted on the asphalt.
I cursed. The car honked angrily and sped away. Lifting myself off the pavement, I saw blood scraped across the yellow lines of the road, but I felt absolutely no pain.
I got up and looked down at myself. My hands, which I used to catch myself, were scraped and bloody. The knees of my suit were ripped. I looked up and saw Shannian standing on the very edge of the bridge. I stared wide-eyed at her.
"Shannian! Don't you dare!" I yelled, fury rising in my chest.
She spread her arms out like an angel. "You're too hot-headed, Jay! Let loose! Have fun!" She smiled and dove.
"No. NO!" I yelled. I ran to the spot where she had once been and looked down hesitantly.
She was planted on the grass hundreds of feet below the bridge, not moving a muscle.
My hands shook. My head throbbed. My world was ending yet again.
"NO!" I yelled--
I gasped and sat up in bed. I quickly switched on the lights and rubbed my eyes.
Just another bad dream.
I looked to my right where Allie was sleeping soundly. I'd be a mess like I was in that dream if she wasn't here with me.
Getting up, I walked to the restroom and splashed cold water in my face.
It had been 3 months since Shannian's death. The funeral was absolute torture. Seeing her pale and lifeless body in a coffin made me extremely ill. I visited her grave every night and talked to her tombstone. The other mourners always stared curiously. I didn't see anything wrong with talking to a rock, though.
Our parents had made a strong effort to ignore me after the funeral. My mother's only 'goodbye' at the end of the ceremony being, "You take our girl, we take yours."
I hated them. I hated them with every ounce of my being. Why did they come to the funeral in the first place? They didn't deserve it. My sister wouldn't be happy with her murderer at her funeral.
No one knew what happened outside of my family and Allie. Everyone assumed she overdosed on drugs. It was a typical teenage death.
Afterwards, I fell into a depression, only getting out of bed to eat and visit her tombstone. Aside from having to see my sister die in different ways every night in my dream, I've never been happier.
No one knew what happened outside of my family and Allie. Everyone assumed she overdosed on drugs. It was a typical teenage death.
Afterwards, I fell into a depression, only getting out of bed to eat and visit her tombstone. Aside from having to see my sister die in different ways every night in my dream, I've never been happier.
Allie moved into my home with me. She literally awed at the vastness of it and the view of the ocean.
"I thought you were dirt poor when I saw you at school for the first time!" She had exclaimed.
I smiled half-heartily. "My job pays well."
She had looked at me through narrowed eyes. Her lips spoke with a knowing smile. "You're not really a spaceship engineer, are you?"
I looked at her sarcastically. "How ever did you guess?"
Sitting back down on the bed, I watched the sunrise.
Allie was snoring peacefully behind me.
I had absolutely nothing now. My only lifelong companion was gone, and the body sleeping beside me was a limited cure to my loneliness. One day she would be gone too...
I stared at my hands. "What am I supposed to do?" I said to myself quietly.
Allie stirred under the covers and stretched.
Standing up, I walked to the big windows looking over the ocean.
"Jay?" Her sweet, worried voice called out to me. "Will you come back to bed?"
I gathered my sorry self together and put on my best smile. Turning towards her, I saw the relief slowly sprawling across her face. I succeeded in fooling her again.
"Sorry, babe. The water is really pretty this morning. I was watching the sun come up." I gave her a full toothed smile.
She looked noticeably woozy before looking at me with suspicion. "Some thing's wrong. You never smile like that."
I frowned. She was too smart. "What? You looked cute laying there."
She blushed. "Get your butt back in bed, Trentel. It's too early to be up."
I walked to the bed and relaxed by her. Her face got redder as she scooted closer.
She snuggled up next to me and closed her eyes. "You're a liar."
I kissed her forehead. "That's a lie."
She looked confused. "What was I saying?"
I sighed. There was no fixing this kiss and forget problem we had.
"You were talking about how hungry you were?" I offered.
She smiled. "Oh yeah. Will you make me something?"
Nodding, I began to get up.
She grabbed my arm and pulled me back down. I relaxed again.
"Yes?" I asked quietly.
"Jay, how can you still smile after all of this?" She asked. Her back was turned to me. I couldn't read her face.
"Allison," her ear and the side of her face turned a little pink at the sound of her full name, "It's hard to imagine, but we only have a few decades until we separate again through death."
She winced. "And?"
"And," I continued, "I've decided to make you happy for every single second we have left until then. I have no time to wallow in self-pity around you anymore."
She smiled and burrowed her face into her pillow. "Go make me some waffles, silly boy."
I patted her head and walked downstairs to the kitchen. I have always been an excellent cook. I had to cook for Shannian as she was growing up, so I had plenty of experience.
At the thought of Shannian, she popped up on my kitchen chair.
"Good morning." The hallucination said to me.
"Good morning." I mumbled.
"Are you making those for me? I want some!" She said happily.
"No, Shannian. You can't have any." I answered.
"Why, Jay?" She asked, voice quivering, tears in her eyes.
I looked back at her and smiled grimly. "Because you're dead, Shannian."
She looked down. "Oh."
I popped the waffles in the oven and waited for twenty minutes. There was silence from her. After I put on all my finishing touches, I sat down to eat. She moved to sit next to me.
"Just a bite?" She asked, staring at my food.
"No."
She frowned. "You're grumpy."
"Well, I'm kind of talking to myself. So being grumpy to myself isn't the same as being grumpy to you."
She nodded. "True."
There was silence for a while.
"Hey, Jay."
"Yes?" I looked at her.
"Did you know that wolves mate for life?"
I stared. "Is that supposed to mean something?"
She nodded. "When a female wolf's mate dies, the living wolf licks at it's partner, hoping he will wake up again."
"Okay..." I answered, confused.
She shook her head sadly. "He never does wake up. The lone wolf ends up having to move on and take care of the pups alone."
I got up. "You're making no sense."
She laughed. "You're making no sense, Jay. I am you, therefore we make no sense."
"Amen." I mumbled, washing the dishes in the sink. She followed me and peeked over my shoulders.
I looked at her. "Go away."
She stared at me. "Fine." She giggled and walked off into the dining room.
I stared at her back for a few seconds. Then, I realized, what if I never see her again after this? My memory of her face will slowly fade away until I forget my own sister.
I ran after her. "Shannian! Wait!"
She laughed and disappeared around the corner.
"Wait!" I yelled.
I stopped. Allie was standing in the spot where Shannian used to be.
"Jay, what are you yelling for? You're taking so long to make something as simple waffles!" She teased.
"Oh.. I forgot to bring them to you. My bad." I answered, slightly embarrassed.
Allie
I walked towards him, worry flooding my system. Ever since Shannian's death, he's been having random episodes of oddness. He usually doesn't forget to do things either.
"Jay, you should tell me what's happening to you."
The confusion on his face turned into delight. "Nothing's wrong. I swear." He said, smiling.
I practically melted. He had the best smile I had ever seen on a face.
No, I could not let his smile cloud my thoughts. There was obviously still something wrong.
I practically melted. He had the best smile I had ever seen on a face.
No, I could not let his smile cloud my thoughts. There was obviously still something wrong.
I smiled and hugged him tightly. "I wish you'd open up more."
He rubbed my back. "I wish I had met you on different terms. Sorry I knocked you out that first time."
I giggled. "I remember that! That was mean!"
"I know, I'm sorry."
"You know how you can make it up to me?"
"How?"
"Kiss me!" I exclaimed. "You haven't kissed me in the longest time."
"Erm, about that..." He began.
I interrupted by giving him a surprise peck on the mouth.
His eyes widened, but he made no effort to push me away.
I pulled away. "What? Do I have morning breath?"
He stared at me. "Do you feel weird? Lightheaded? Woozy?"
I laughed. "Jay, you sound like a doctor--"
Suddenly it felt like an entire ocean flowed through my ears.
I slowly fell over. My words slurred.
"Jaaaaaaaay? Whaaat's haaappeninggg?"
He stared down at me. "I suppose I'll have to explain later."
"Whaaaat?" The room spun. Eventually, everything went black.
Jay caught my head before it hit the floor. "Damn." He whispered.
I fell into a deep sleep.
Sorry this was such a short chapter guys! I had a lot more planned but I wanted to get this chapter out today, and I need to sleep in time for school tomorrow. This weekend I'll write something of normal length(: I'll dedicate my weekend to it! Thank you all for your patience (:
-Sara
I fell into a deep sleep.
Sorry this was such a short chapter guys! I had a lot more planned but I wanted to get this chapter out today, and I need to sleep in time for school tomorrow. This weekend I'll write something of normal length(: I'll dedicate my weekend to it! Thank you all for your patience (:
-Sara
























MUST KNOW MOOORREEE.
ReplyDeleteSame here!
ReplyDelete