Total Pageviews

Who Is Your Favorite Character?

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Love You Not - Chapter 9

I Love You Not
Chapter 9
By Sara Cookie


Hey everyone! Do you recognize this vampire? She scares the crap out of me! Sorry this chapter took so long to come out! My computer got this huge virus, and I've been working at scanning for it and destroying it. I envisage my virus to look like this scary vampire woman here. Anyways, I needed to back up all my music, reports, screenshots, and whatnot. It took a while. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Enjoy(:


Shannian
As we rounded the corner, My brother led me down a long ways until we came up behind the cinema. There, we found Bridget completely barefoot and in her night gown. I sighed. "Jay, you better have not ruined this poor girl's life."
He looked at me and gave me a rare full-toothed smile. "You worry too much, little sister." He patted my head and walked toward Bridget, who was making pigeon sounds and imitating the way they walk. I giggled.


"Bridget," He began. She looked at him. "will you come here please?"
She sprinted to him and stood in front of him. She resembled a well-trained puppy.
I shook my head. "You scare me sometimes, Jay."
He ignored me and stroked Bridget's cheek, slowly sliding his hand down her face before squeezing the pressure point in the wound of her neck. Her eyes widened and she let out an exhaling breath, passing out in Jay's arms. The pigeons scattered.
He effortlessly slung her over his shoulder and began to walk home.
I followed, taking fast, little steps compared to his long strides. "Hey, if your kisses do this to girls, is there any hope for you and Allison? She'll forget you a lot if you guys started dating."
He looked up at the sky and thought for a while. "We're already dating. She just doesn't know it yet. And about the kissing, I'm not sure yet."
He seemed uncomfortable with talking about it. We walked silently for a while.
I looked at Bridget and flicked her nose. "Stupid." I mumbled.
She snorted loudly and made little flapping noises with her lips before falling back asleep.
Jay looked at me and laughed.
---


The next morning, I walked into the school's spare bedroom to find my brother at his finest: relaxing on the king sized bed with Allison snuggled up beside him. I stared at him.
"What?" He asked.


I looked at him, disgusted. "Please don't tell me you did anything with her. Is she mentally impaired now?"
He laughed. "Don't be ridiculous."


 "So what happened?" I asked.
"I found her on my bed yesterday afternoon and I didn't feel like waking her up. I'm guessing she was playing piano all day and was too lazy to go to her room so she just slept here. It's amazing; she's been sleeping for 15 hours straight."
I mumbled. "That's what clubbing does to you, I guess."
He nodded and slowly slipped out of Allison's grasp. She felt around the bed sub cautiously and hugged a pillow. Within a few seconds, she was back to sleep.
Jay smiled a little and tucked her hair behind her ear. He looked at me. "Get out, I need to get ready for work."


I smiled. "Well excuse me for interrupting."
He laughed, gathering his clothes. "Out."
"Make me." I challenged.
He looked around and grabbed a pair of dirty boxers, chucking them at my head. I dodged quickly and ran downstairs screaming.


An hour later, I was angrily sawing away at a block of ice when Jay walked in.
He stared it. "You've got to be kidding me."
"It's you and all of your cocky glory." I smiled.
"Well, it does look like me. Perhaps it could cover me at work today?"


I yawned. "Sorry, brother. Maybe one day if I become a inventor."
"Bummer."
"So what are you doing in a suit?" I asked. "It doesn't look right on you." I scrunched up my nose. "You look like Dad."
He stared at me.
"Sorry." I mumbled. "I didn't mean to compare you to him."
"I have a meeting with the team today and tomorrow. Boring paperwork stuff. After that, I'm back to turning wrenches."


I hugged him, catching him off guard. He slowly hugged back.
"I feel bad." I began. "You're working so hard and I'm here living it up. What's so special about this Allie girl? Can't we just ditch her and get our own place? We'll be a team. Just you and me." I urged, stroking the back of his head.
"...I'm gonna be late." He replied.
I pulled away slowly.


He took my hand and held it. "Hey, don't worry about me."
"Are you coming back?"
"Depends on how I feel. Bye, Sis." He kissed my hand and left. 
I momentarily forgot where I was. "Darn you, Jay!" I rubbed my temples and slowly regained awareness to my surroundings. "Come home!"


Allison
Reaching over, I felt the empty blankets next to me. With panic rising in my chest, I quickly sat up and looked around. With my search to no avail, I looked under the blankets, hoping that maybe he was still here with me. Disappointment flooded through me as I realized he had left already.
Last night had been incredible. I wanted to talk to Jay about the night before, since I hadn't remembered how I got outside of the club. Maybe I was too drunk, although I don't remember drinking either. After playing the piano for a while, I laid in his bed and hugged his pillow, taking in the musky smell of his aftershave. It was intoxicating. I laid there, soaking it in until the door clicked open. I quickly snapped my eyes shut and pretended to be asleep. Instead of moving me, he laid there right beside me and passed out. I linked my arm through his and slept too.
I pouted when I couldn't find him, and I suddenly noticed a figure by the door. I turned my head and frowned.


"Sorry to disappoint you." Mikey said scowling.
I sighed. "Mikey, not right now."
"Did you sleep with him?" He asked.
I thought about it.
He widened his eyes. "Did you?"
I shook my head. He exhaled, relief washing over his face.


Something about him pissed me off. "What if I did? You're not my mother. You can't tell me what to do and what not to do. You don't know what's best for me."


He gave me a skeptic look. "Allison. Are you kidding me? Listen to what you're saying."


I laid back and thought for a while. I was being a complete bitch to him. I hated being wrong. "Yeah, you're right. Sorry Mikey."


He looked at me, baffled. "Are you serious? You're apologizing?"
I nodded. "Yeah."
"That's a first."
I smiled. "Don't push it." I've always loved how easily he forgave me.
He smiled slightly. "Wanna go to a movie?"
I laughed. "Yeah. Let's do it."
We were out the door in half an hour.
---


As we walked out of the cinema, Mikey was ranting about the movie.
"The writers got it all wrong. They should have researched their cars before putting a Ferrari in their movie and saying that the fastest model was the 250 GT while the fastest is obviously the F60. That thing can go from zero to a hundred in three point two seconds!..." I zoned out as he was getting more into the subject. This guy knows too much about cars.
"Hey, let's go to a bar." I interrupted.
"Really? We've never been to a public pub before. Too low class." He scoffed. "Are you sure?"
I nodded. "Yeah. Let's go."
He held my hand and lead me down the street to the nearest bar.


When we entered, I smiled happily. I needed a drink to get my mind off of Jay, and I had heard this particular pub didn't check your I.D. when you bought a drink.
I looked around. The place was low-key, and there were average, low class people playing games, chatting, and drinking. There wasn't a trace of marble tile or gold plating anywhere. Everything was wood.
Everyone glanced at us as we came in, but we were not recognized.


I laughed. "I like this place. A lot."
"It's kind of dirty, isn't it?" Mikey suggested, running his finger across a chair. There was a fine layer of dust on his finger. He wiped it off on his slacks.
I looked at him. He stared at me lovingly.
Poor guy. I had no intention of dating him, and he still wanted me.
"How's Bridget? I heard she fell or something." I asked, sitting on a couch.
He sat next to me and wrapped his arm around me. "Yeah, she was really disoriented when she got back with Jay and Shannian. She could hardly walk. After a few hours, she was back to her old, bitchy self. She had a drink and insulted my hair."
I giggled. "That sounds a lot like her. What's wrong with your hair?"
He rolled his eyes. "Apparently I need highlights or something? She's ridiculous."
I laughed and looked into his eyes.


We stared into each other's eyes for what seemed like forever before we kissed. He kissed me hard and hungrily. Pulling me onto his lap, we continued to kiss for a long time. I had no idea how much time had passed.


"Hey, you're gonna get a ticket for public display of affection." A familiar voice said.
I broke the kiss and turned away from Mikey, immediately jumping up when I saw who it was that spoke.
Mikey stared at me with, what looked like, disbelief.
"You kids having fun?" Jay said, taking a sip of his drink. He was drinking a bright red drink that supposedly made your hormones go crazy. I've always wanted to try it.
"Yes. Plenty." Mikey answered stubbornly.
Jay smiled a lazy smile. He was pretty drunk. "I'm glad." I could smell the alcohol on his breath from across the table.
"How long have you been here, Jay?" I asked.
He shrugged and motioned towards the bar. "I've just been sitting there for, mmmm, a few hours?"
"I see that." Mikey said, glaring.
"Do you want us to take you home?" I asked.
Mikey gave me a protesting look. "No way am I letting him in my car. He's gonna throw up on my leather seats."
Jay snickered. "I don't throw up. That's disgusting."
Mikey looked confused.
Jay looked back at me. "Anyways, you seem to be plenty busy already. I can drive myself home."
I widened my eyes. "Jay, you're drunk. I'm not letting you drive yourself home. Especially on your motorcycle. Your face is gonna end up scraped across the highway."
"It already looks like it was scraped across the highway." Mikey commented.
I gave Mikey a dirty look.
Jay put his drink on the table and slid it in Mikey's direction. "Here, kid. You're gonna need this if you even dream to get lucky tonight."


Mikey gaped at him. I prayed they wouldn't make a scene in the middle of all these people.
Jay waved at me. "Goodbye, Allison." He walked into the elevator.
I grabbed Mikey's hand and followed, getting there just as the doors closed. I cursed and pressed the 'down' button. Mikey was fuming.
"Did you hear him? What the hell was that?" He grumbled.
I sighed impatiently. "Forget about it Mikey. Lets just focus on preventing a bad car accident right now."
He nodded. I could tell he wanted nothing to do with it.
After the agonizingly long elevator trip down to the lobby, we rushed outside to the parking lot. It was completely empty besides our car and a food truck. I cried out in panic. Turning my head, I saw the distant glimpse of Jay's tail lights turning a corner.
---


We got home before Jay. I paced around the lobby, trying to reassure myself that he was okay.
"Oh gosh, oh gosh. He's fine. He can take care of himself. He's a good driver." I said quietly.
Mikey's smile grew and grew as the minutes ticked by.
"Should we tell Shannian?" I asked him.
He shook his head. "Nah, it'll just worry her."
I sighed.


"You look tired. Take a shower and go to bed. We have class tomorrow." Mikey suggested.
I rubbed my temples. This was so stressful. "Yes, Mom." I walked to the girl's room.


Jay
A long stream of curse words were flowing through my head. Who did that guy think he was? I could have destroyed him in seconds. Lost in thought, I entered the school. Surprisingly, the lights were still on.
There, on the lounge couch, was Allie. She was sleeping with no covers or pillow, waiting for me to come back. I sighed. Crazy girl. She was always so reckless.
I stared at her for a while. She was cute when she slept. Her beautiful hair was pulled into a neat side pony tail and she was wearing practical clothes, but had no pants on. I didn't think she understood that it was wrong to prance around in your undies. I studied her face. Her lipstick was smeared from kissing that stupid son of a gun.
I was hopelessly jealous. If I had done that with her, she would forget the last ten years of her life.
"What a curse," I thought to Shannian.
"Sorry, Bro. Life's not fair." Shannian thought back to me.


Allison
I sat up slowly and yawned, sensing a presence in the room. Looking behind me, I found Jay staring at me. I blushed.
"Oh, um, hi." I stumbled over my words.
He gave me a small smile. "Hey. You should be asleep."
"Well, I was."
"In your bed. Not here."
I looked down. "This couch is actually pretty comfy."


He walked around the couch and sat close to me, resting his arm around my shoulder.
I watched him, unsure of what to do.
"Allison?"
My heart fluttered. "Yeah?"
"What if I had the ability to erase your memories? Would you be angry if I did?"
I tossed the situation around in my head. "Well, I suppose I would be angry to an extent. But I wouldn't actually be able to remember that you erased my memories right?"
He shrugged. "Lets say you can remember that."
I nodded. "Do I get to pick which memory I get to forget?"
"Nope. You'd forget, let's say, the last 10 minutes."
"Oh. Yeah, I'd be angry."
"Why?"
"Because 10 minutes ago, I was worried and anxious when I was waiting for you to come back. If I didn't remember that you came back, I'd still be worried." I answered, blushing.
He nodded. "Ah."


I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Why do you ask?"
He shook his head.
I let it go. "Sorry about Mikey, by the way. He was being ridiculous." I apologized.
He nodded. "It's fine. Thanks for offering me a ride back. I made it here easily though."
I nodded. "So what happened today? Why were you drinking?"
He shook his head again.
I sighed. "Stop bottling up your problems and just tell me."


He stared into my eyes. I stared back stubbornly.
He leaned in to kiss me, and I closed my eyes, waiting for his lips to make contact with mine. Jay brushed his lips against mine, but at the last second he pulled away.
He put his forehead to mine with his eyes closed. I peeked out of one eye. "Jay?"
"I'm tired." He stated. "Take me to my room.
I mumbled a protest and helped him up, leading him upstairs to the spare bedroom.


Jay slowly changed out of his suit and put on jeans over his boxers. He collapsed on the bed.
I turned off the light. "Good night, Jay."
Before I could leave, I heard a quiet mumbling. "What did you say?" I asked.
"Sleep here with me. It's cold." He said quietly.
I blinked, wondering if I had heard him right.
He pushed himself under the covers and I laid down next to him.


Within a minute, he was asleep. I watched him for a while. He was so peaceful.
I closed my eyes and listened to my surroundings. I heard a clock ticking, Jay's light breathing, and someone snoring downstairs.
I laid there for at least an hour, restless and awake. Trying to get in a better sleeping position, I turned on my side.


The bed shook as Jay moved closer to me, sliding his arm around my waist and burrowing his face into my hair.
I relaxed. I was right where I belonged.
We slept like that, with our limbs entangled and together. For the first time in months, I had a full-night's rest.


Haha, nobody likes her(:
Thanks for reading Chapter 9! Sorry it took forever! I hope it was to your liking. See you next time for Chapter 10!
-Sara

8 comments:

  1. LUUUUUUVED IT!!!!!! I wish Jay could kiss her=(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!(: if only his life was easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great chapter, sorry I haven't been commenting, but I've definetly been reading :)
    Stupid powers dis-allowing Jay to kiss her :(
    Again, GREAT CHAPTER :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!(:
    Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how to fit the solution to that problem in the story. So many decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO great again! You are very good at writing stories, never a boring chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know it's me, simsgal, right? Just checking, LOL. I'm ok with you calling me either one.

    ReplyDelete